Thursday, May 17, 2007

"Friends"

*Please note-this is a HUGE rant*

Friends...wow, where should I even start. Friends are supposed to be people that you can trust, people that you can count on. However, apparently my opionion of friendship is slightly different than others. Now don't get me wrong, I am not by any means a perfect person, nor a perfect friend. There are times when yes I've been self-centered, and a bit selfish. But when it comes down to it, I will fight for anyone that I considered a friend. Would always have their back, stand up for them when others turn on them. But yet, it seems like I am always getting walked over. Taken for granted, really stabbed in the back. As I look back on my life, all the "friends" I've had, I realized that the only reason any of these people were supposedly my friends was that it benefited them in some way. But you know, I could go on about the people that made my life hell as supposed friends. So why a post about this, something had to set me off right? Well give yourself a cookie.

What kind of friend goes and decides one of your daughters biggest events and doesn't even bother to ask you if you want it done, doesn't clue you in that she wants it planned, just goes and decides with your ex-husband that they're going to do it. And then only to find out less than 2 days before hand that I'm invited???? (and not even from her, heard it from him as he was walking away)Seriously, thanks for INVITING ME to MY daughters rite of passages. And then my ex-husband has the nerve to get mad that I said no about it. Not to mention that this friend hasn't called or spoke to me in over 2 months. At first I wasn't really bothered, we both are really busy, she's a lifeguard and summers' about to start so she's been working really long hours getting things ready, and I work my own job and have other responsibilities. But then I find that she's got plenty of time to make for him. Oh not to mention when I found out that she told him when they talk, not to tell me. Hmm, if that's not in TOTAL violation of the "friend rule", I don't know what is...They've been talking and going out doing whatever they feel like. But apparently I must have been a terrible friend, oh wait that's probably because unlike my ex-husband I don't bow down and kiss the ground she walks on. He wonders why I wanted divorced, shit he never treated me like he treats her. She calls and asks for something and off he goes like a dog chasing a bone. Drops everything he's doing and rushes off to help her. And then tries to tell me he doesn't have feelings for her...yeah okay, right. I dont' know maybe because I don't let her control me, and because I don't listen to everything she says or don't let her try to run my life anymore, I'm not a good friend. I might not be a perfect friend, but I don't try to take over other people's lives, and make decisions regarding their children's lives. I just love the way people who have no kids (like her) try to tell me the best way to raise my children. I am so beyond pissed with her right now, I can't even gather my thoughts in a clear enough manner to type all this out. This is the reason I don't trust people, why I do not like to let people into my personal life. Every person I've trusted has screwed me over in one way shape or form. I don't even know why I bother. So I'm done with this...going to try to vent out my frustions in another form, cause my brain is not focusing at all...so here's my usual end with a quote:

"When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be disappointed to discover they are not it." ~Bernard Bailey.

1 comment:

AerynK said...

I'm with you completely. no one ever seems to be the friend I thought they should be. only through the internet did I finally find one who treats me better than I expected. this time last year I had a "friend" who set fire to my deck because she left a cigarette burning (I live in the woods no less) and then dared to say that it was somehow *my* fault. all I can say is keep looking, good people *are* out there, but more than likely they're living in another state!