Thursday, March 29, 2007

Where did March go?

Seriously...March is already almost over. Where did it go? I can't believe its almost April...less than 2 weeks till my birthday. I feel like I'm getting so old. Yeah I know I'll only be 24, but I swear it was just the other day I turned 21. The last 3 years have FLOWN! I can't believe I've already been in Okinawa over 2 years, and now its almost time to leave. When I first got here, I couldn't wait to go home, but now...this IS home and I really dont' want to go. And as I keep getting older, I'm trying to figure out where my life is going. Most of my friends from HS have degrees and great jobs (not that myjob isn't great..it is) but I dont even have an associates. I have taken some classes, but I should have at least gotten my bachelors. I really need to get a move on, figure out where in life I want to go. I have even considered joining the miltary. Definately not the Marines, no way would I ever be able to hack it, but I'm thinking the AirForce. I've really been seriously considering it. I want something where I can travel, I want to see things. There are so many places that I really want to go, but I wonder if I'll ever get the chance. Course, having kids will make it a little difficult, but looking back at my life, I don't think I"ve ever just choosen the "easy path". I have always done what I felt like, no matter who said I couldn't or whatever obstacles have been hurdled in front of me. Even things that I thought there was no way I would be able to handle it, I did. I moved on, and am a much stronger person because of it. But then there are times when I wonder if I am too selfish of a person. Is it wrong for me to want so much out of life, when I already have great things and people in it? Is it wrong for me to want to drag my children all over the world because I want to travel? Shouldn't they have the same stable environment that I grew up in...a real place to actually call home. Not that the military life ever gives them that real security now. Every three years you PCS, unless you get extended. One things for sure, I'm not getting any younger and I need to make some decisions. And I need to find some time to get my assignments done over at the School of Scrap...I was on a roll earlier this month, what happend?????

To end as usual with a quote
"As you grow older you find the only things you regret are the things you didn't do"
~ Zachery Scott

3 comments:

darl_jo said...

that is quite brave of you to put all of that in words. I totally admire that! I feel quite "unaccomplished" as "just" a mother but i know that is what is best for my children..... so many things i want to do and wish i would have done.

Elisa K said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

oops forgot to sign in....

Wow.. the Air Force. Awesome. My hubby is active duty Navy and ya know what my kids have met and experienced sooooooo many things that I never experienced as a child. I feel my kids are well rounded and they adapt fast to change. So in my eye's. It's a great experience and the many adventures we have had and will continue to have are priceless.

The school of Scrap rocks... Love having ya there and can't wait to see your finished assignments... Don't forget to stop in Marketing class.